Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weekly Menu: 9/3 - 9/7

Ok, I'm a blogging machine today :) Must have been all that long-weekend sleep.

Anyway, I'm going to try to start posting (and sticking to) a Weekly Menu. Its my attempt to try not to waste any ingredients already in my fridge and take advantage of local sales, coupons, etc - sort of similar to Robin Miller's Food Network show but not as excessive (I have no idea how she makes 3 meals out of 2 pieces of chicken!). Here is my current menu - I'll post at the end of the week to see how I did.

Monday - Asian-spiced BBQ ribs, salad with lemon-dijon vinaigrette
Tuesday - BBQ Chicken pizza (using leftover homemade BBQ sauce)
Wednesday lunch - if enough leftover, potentially make BBQ Chicken quesadillas for lunch
Wednesday - Mini-meatball soup (already chopped celery/carrots; leftovers good for lunch)
Thursday - Chicken-spinach roulades, some type of orzo/rice, roasted cauliflower
Friday - Chicken, pesto, & peas (pasta dish; made fresh pesto over the weekend) or Italian quesadillas

This is sounding ambitious...

No comments: