Thursday, September 6, 2007

Flea Markets?

Does anyone shop at flea markets? My mom was an antiques dealer for most of my life, so I grew up at flea markets and antiques shows and have an appreciation for collectibles and interesting aged items. My husband and I checked out one of the more famous flea markets in the northeast this past weekend - Stormville Airport Flea Market. There were a ton of things to be found! I collect cool bowls - but there were tons of items like stone urns, furniture, old glassware - all great things to make flower arrangements or decorative items for the house. It always makes me eager to get started on a "project" when I see all that kind of stuff. I almost bought a few old hankerchefs to try to make a quilt on my new sewing machine. I should probably learn how to put it together and turn it on first though :)
Here are a few pictures of the things to be had....

No comments: