This is a recipe that I have been making for a few years - there are several variations depending on what pizza crust you use, toppings, types of cheese, type of BBQ sauce, etc., but the general result is the same. Its really delicious and a crowd (and husband) pleaser :)
Note - no amounts really for any one ingredient because is all depending on how heavy or light you like your toppings!
BBQ sauce (homemade or bottled [I prefer Bone Suckin' Sauce or KC1 Masterpiece Original])
Pizza crust (I've used homemade, from a pizza shop, Pillsbury, Boboli, and Trader Joe's)
Mozzarella cheese (fresh or shredded is fine)
Red onion, thinly sliced
Chicken breasts, ~ 1lb. cut into small pieces
Pineapple (can be fresh or canned chunks)
Red pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
Cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Let dough come to room temperature; get your pan ready. I use a jellyroll-type pan (what I use all the time) lined with parchment paper (to eliminate need for cooking spray or greasing; click HERE for a free sample offer). Dough can be any shape you like - it can also be as thin or thick as you like. I tend to prefer it thinner so it produces a cruncy crust. I also leave about 3/4 inch "edge" that is a bit thicker than the rest of the dough for the crust.
3. Coat the bottom of a saute pan with cooking spray or oil; add chicken. I also season my chicken with a bit of garlic powder and pepper but this is not necessary. After it is about halfway cooked, add about 1/4 cup BBQ sauce or amount desired. Cook through and shut off heat.
4. Add a few tablespoons of sauce to bottom of dough as "sauce."
5. Just add toppings - add chicken, pineapple, red onion, red peppper - as much or as little of these as your like will work. You can add other things as well if you like.
6. Top with cheese - again, as much or as little as you like.
7. To finish - I spray or drizzle some olive oil on the edge of crust and dust with garlic powder.
8. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven and cut into desired shapes. Garnish with cilantro if desired.