Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Need a quick gift?

Try this Apple-Cranberry Bread!

Super delicious and easy - I don't totally care for quick breads, but I really like this Apple-Cranberry Bread. I have been making it as mini-loaves for a few years and they are perfect as favors, or as a gift for neighbors or in gift baskets. Click here for the recipe!

A few quick notes on the recipe from me:

  • Make sure to butter/flour the pan very well. There is a lot of fruit in this recipe and the cranberries especially, have a tendency to get stuck to the walls of the pan.

  • Even better - bake in pans that you can give as part of the gift! Try a few of those mini-holiday ceramic loaf pans you see in the dollar or craft stores. Then you can wrap each and not worry about them coming out of the pan perfectly!

  • The batter seems lumpy and thick, but it will turn out great. Make sure to smooth out the top of each mini-loaf before baking.

  • I got about 4-6 loaves with each batch depending on the size of my pans.

  • A good wrapping trick - if you need to give a gift in a pinch, use a ziploc/plastic bag and trim off the zipper/closure to make a cute treat bag. Tie it with whatever string you have laying around (I keep a ball of all-purpose brown twine that works great) and tie on one of these free gift tags (check out these, and these and these too!) and you are all set! You can also wrap with parchment paper and tie with a cute ribbon if you don't have any bags.

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks great and such a tasty gift to receive!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! I love cranberries and you know I love quick breads! This looks great. I'll be making this one next! I love the pic! so cute!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Gift??
I may have to make that for myself. Yum!