Friday, December 21, 2007

Is it really the last minute?

Already? Nah, not in my book. Its only 12/21 - I still have at least 3 more days to get everything ready for the holidays - and 2 of those days are on the weekend baby!! Everyone keeps asking me - did you do this, did you go shopping, did you prepare your menu, what are you bringing. To be honest, I'm a little behind, but I have it all in my mind :) I have made a few things and I am planning on a few holiday posts (hopefully they will be of some help to all you last minute folks out there like me!), but here is my pseudo-to-do list for the next few days....
  • 5-6 types of cookies
  • Cheesecake (& maybe another cake for Christmas at my mom's)
  • A main dish/side dish for Christmas at my mom's
  • A bit more shopping & a whole lot of wrapping
  • Design, shop, and make a light cocktail menu for my Christmas Eve Open House
  • Finish gift baskets (more to come on that later)

I think thats it - totally doable, no?

Until I get all the pictures and posts that I have been collecting this week up here, I thought I would post a few websites that have great last minute recipes, gifts and other holiday ideas.

  • Great-looking (and easy) recipe from Smitten Kitchen (starred on my google reader this morning) for icebox cookies (with unlimited variations!)
  • I love these as ornaments or just as small vases hanging in a kitchen window - from CB2 [they have a store now in SoHo in NYC - I can't wait to check it out!]. The green hourglass photo above is from CB2 as well - they come in two sizes (either 15 minutes or 1 hour)
  • A really cute online cookbook (that you can print and give away with some cookies as a gift!) from Allrecipes
  • Last minute gifts from Red Envelope! Use the code: MCRUSH and your mastercard ($50 minimum required) and get free overnight shipping (offer deadline: 12/22 @ 2pm)
  • Some additional holiday baking ideas from Martha Stewart & Everyday Food
  • Tree looking a little bare? Need something to do with the kids on Christmas Eve? Check out this homemade ornament roundup by How about orange
  • Decor inspiration? Run over to Hostess with the Mostess and check out the many holiday decor themes like Peppermint Twist

1 comment:

hallsarah204@gmail.com said...

Did you get all the pictures and posts that you have been collecting this week up here? if so, just wondering, when are you planning on to publish new recipes? The best writing service is here to help you in any situation pertaining to your academic project!