- 5-6 types of cookies
- Cheesecake (& maybe another cake for Christmas at my mom's)
- A main dish/side dish for Christmas at my mom's
- A bit more shopping & a whole lot of wrapping
- Design, shop, and make a light cocktail menu for my Christmas Eve Open House
- Finish gift baskets (more to come on that later)
I think thats it - totally doable, no?
Until I get all the pictures and posts that I have been collecting this week up here, I thought I would post a few websites that have great last minute recipes, gifts and other holiday ideas.
- Great-looking (and easy) recipe from Smitten Kitchen (starred on my google reader this morning) for icebox cookies (with unlimited variations!)
- I love these as ornaments or just as small vases hanging in a kitchen window - from CB2 [they have a store now in SoHo in NYC - I can't wait to check it out!]. The green hourglass photo above is from CB2 as well - they come in two sizes (either 15 minutes or 1 hour)
- A really cute online cookbook (that you can print and give away with some cookies as a gift!) from Allrecipes
- Last minute gifts from Red Envelope! Use the code: MCRUSH and your mastercard ($50 minimum required) and get free overnight shipping (offer deadline: 12/22 @ 2pm)
- Some additional holiday baking ideas from Martha Stewart & Everyday Food
- Tree looking a little bare? Need something to do with the kids on Christmas Eve? Check out this homemade ornament roundup by How about orange
- Decor inspiration? Run over to Hostess with the Mostess and check out the many holiday decor themes like Peppermint Twist