I'm not even going to waste time discussing my MIA status, because...I'm back! Just in time for the holidays too :).
In an effort to depict exactly whats going on in my kitchen, I'm going to post a complete disaster. I have made this focaccia recipe dozens of times - its my go-to recipe when I want fairly quick, not-too-labor intensive fresh bread. I don't want to deter anyone from trying this recipe because its really delicious and great this time of year with soups, salads, or for a good sandwich. Here is the link to the original recipe.
So, bread bakers out there - what did I do wrong!? I definitely changed it up a little bit this time because I wanted have a bit of a different flavor.
Here are my changes:
- Swapped out half the AP flour for whole wheat flour
- Omitted the rosemary and used an Italian seasoning blend instead
- Add mini-grape tomatoes to the top
Here is what I got! yuck.
- Did not rise properly (or barely at all)
- Tasted completely awful - inedible
- Middle totally doughy and disgusting.
- And yes, it was that nasty yellow color.
I have never posted such an awful result on this blog! Was it the whole wheat flour? Maybe you guys can laugh and forgive me for being gone so long. That's what I get!!
Hope everyone is having a great fall so far - I'll be back with better recipes and updates asap!