Sunday, April 27, 2008

I love Sundays

Don't you? Except for the fact that Monday is right around the corner, Sundays are just perfect. Usually, in our house, Sundays consist of grabbing the newspaper, getting a few garlic bagels and a coffee (for Tim), maybe heading over to Stew Leonard's, making something really good for dinner (recently, that has been Seafood Sundays), usually editing some photos and getting all my stuff together for the week.

It was supposed to rain today, but its holding off just long enough to enjoy the day. I thought I would post a few pictures of my latest Sunday activity - my new "garden" (or rather, my 4 pots)! I wish I had more space... a few years ago, I had a fairly large garden and it was so amazing - cucumbers, squash, herbs galore, tomatoes, etc. I guess you have to take what you can get when you live in an apartment. I just planted a few things so far - some lettuce and parsley plus some marigolds to keep the bugs/animals away. I'm working on some others that will be filled with some interesting herb combinations and other lettuces/flowers.

There are so many flowering trees out right now in our area - I love this shot of my neighbor's house through the forsythia.

I will have a recipe/product review later on as well! Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

grace said...

i'm trapped in an apartment too, and i so look forward to the day when i can plant a massive garden. i think i have a green thumb, but i can't be sure. here's hoping! :)

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! I love all the flowers, etc. All I have is weeds. Haha.