Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tim Can Cook

I'll admit it, Tim is pretty good in the kitchen, even though the kitchen looks like a bomb hit it when he is done (the mark of a real cook, right?). I can't deny that I love when he cooks on the nights when I have to work late. Last Monday night was one of those nights and Tim came up with this:


His version of Crusted Chicken Romano ala The Cheesecake Factory. We go to this restaurant every once in awhile and really enjoy this dish, so Tim decided to try to make a home version. He did an excellent job - he based it on this recipe and I asked him to write up any edits to the recipe below.

Tim here! The only real recipe edit that I made was to use skim milk instead of heavy cream to lighten up the sauce but keep the fat content low. Also, make sure not to overcook the chicken in the saute pan, since you are going to finish cooking it in the oven.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

This looks great - I've got a few jars of homemade red sauce I've been looking for a good new recipe for. :)

Jaime said...

nice variation from chicken parm :)